Tuesday, October 4, 2016

48 Film... sorta

One of our very first projects was a 48 hour film, we focused two main days to it and had a week to edit and refine it. My group included class mates Sean, Chingiz, and Kelvin. We had a nice ratio of 2 serious workers and 2 off the wall idea workers. Sean and I fell into the serious situation, while Kelvin and Chingiz had fun with their Tinder police ideas.  Sean headed our project, him having the most experience and owning the equipment we used. He was able to find us a couple actors for our main characters and then Chingiz and Kelvin just hand to play some thugs.  So our brief started out pretty open, all we had to include was a quote, a prop, and a iconic location of Dundee.  Our Quote: Today, I am the luckiest man on the Earth. Or something similar to that, I don't have the paperwork in front of me so I can't remember it verbatim.  Our Prop: Cell phone Location: We used the water edge and also had a clip of one of the bridges in the film.  We met up right after to brainstorm some ideas, got a basis of how each of us think and work and skill level. We wanted to do something Crime style that led to a mix up of "cat fishing" on tinder and someone being kidnapped for it. So we went dark comedy on this film, and roughed it out in the script that our guy Morris, is failing in the dating scene. He's using tinder for one, so I don't think he had much hope for success. Anywho, he's gone on yet another failed date and while walking away and swiping through more Tinder dates, he gets kidnapped. Turns our our sapless romantic has a habit of stealing money from the wrong people. Well, to his surprise he gets a guest thrown in the back trunk with him. Maya joins then, and some comedic scenes take place in them removing her taped up mouth and head covering off. Overall their meeting is the most optimal but they connect as both stealers of the wrong people, and their failed attempts at online dating. Thus "love" was born. They make dinner plans, make out, and get interrupted in the process. Only to get tradgically killed isn't he end... told you it was dark. But it was quite amusing to film and write up. I helped mainly with the audio and lighting. Kelvin and Chingiz helped with lighting when they could and did their fair share of acting. Sean did all the shooting and edited. Chingiz even made our tinder animation, and credits animation. I helped post production with a muzzle flair and Kelvin did some blood. Sean cut and lined up audio. Thus we created our 48 hr film! Now on to some behind the scenes photos, I take no credit for these, kinda didn't think to take any photos. These are from Chris, our actor of Morris, Sean, and Chingiz. I grabbed them via facebook. 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment