Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Inspiration Trip
So this last week we had readers week, which is basically a mid term break in terms of American Colleges. It basically gives the students time to catch up in studies and a week off of classes. This didn't really help us much as we're just now getting into classes but it was a nice break. Threw off my sleeping schedule though. On Friday, Jackie and I decided to go to Inverness and visit the Loch Ness, we also went and explored the Urquhart Castle along the Loch Ness and it was beatiful. I saw this as a sort of "research" opportunity. As my piece is dealing with Mythlogical creatures from Scotland.
We went and visited Leakey's, a magical bookstore in Inverness that I totally reccommend to any book lover that visits. Found a couple old books, one at least a hundred years old and a first edition woot, we stuck to Scottish related ones. I even got a new book that's all about Scottish Myths and Tales. Can't wait to read that, and it counts towards my research.
After that and getting a brunch from a cafe, we got on a bus and went to go see Loch Ness... We tried to find Nessie but she must have known we were coming and hid. Urquhart Castle was beatiful and along the Loch Ness. We got a neat history lesson on it, and signed up for a Historic Scotland Membership to get into a bunch more Castles for Free. Woot. Plus Student discount. So anywho, that was our big adventure, I'll know flood you with photos I know you want to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment